March 26, 2012

What I read that got me thinking - 3/26

More bits and pieces I found on the interwebs that made me think. Some I agree with. Some I don't.

  • John Swelller - Interview by Derek Muller (of Veritasium frame) discusses Cognitive Load Theory and describes why "constructivism" doesn't work. I wrote my thesis on an application of CLT. I was shocked when I read about Sweller's view of constructivism.
  • The Relationship School - A shift in priorities for schools?
  • Khanversations - My first read on the blog Physics First Observations. I'm looking forward to reading more.
  • Minecraft Calculator - I'm convinced there are some great Design Tech type of projects that could be done with in Minecraft. Its cheap and easy to play - good potential tool for schools with tight budgets.



No comments:

Post a Comment